Framework for Action: Vision, Mission, Values
Our vision, mission, and values provide a framework for how we engage each other and the community, advocate for justice and liberation, and operate with excellence. All that we do is grounded in the word of God.
Embracing the beloved community through worship, liberation and service.
Develop disciples of Christ, uplift humankind, and advocate for justice.
Our values guide how we achieve our mission and work toward our vision. We value:
- Liberating faith - Luke 4:18 - He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives. Our faith compels us to declare the gospel of liberation from the spiritual, political, economic, psychological, and theological bondages that hold God ' s people captive.
- Advocacy - 1 John 4:20 - For those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. Our faith compels us to advocate for the just treatment of all human beings as each human person is made in the imago Dei.
- Service - John 13:14 - So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another ' s feet. Our faith compels us to be servants of humanity, as was our Lord.
- Social justice - Isaiah 61:8 - For I the Lord love justice. Our faith compels us to dismantle systems of oppression and injustice.
- Inclusion - Galatians 3:28 - There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. Our faith compels us to see all human beings as our sisters and brothers. All are welcome in our family of faith.
- Growth - John 15:16 - And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. Our faith compels us to grow spiritually and in relationship with humans and creation.